What Is It?
StatSeal Powder is a non-prescription topical powder that quickly forms a seal to stop external bleeding and oozing from wounds and procedures. The powder’s ingredients are a hydrophilic polymer and potassium ferrate.
How Does It Work?
The mechanism of action is a simultaneous two-step action whereby the hydrophilic polymer rapidly dehydrates the blood and absorbs exudate while the potassium ferrate agglomerates blood proteins to create a seal. StatSeal Powder does not depend on the body’s natural clotting mechanism to form a seal.
- StatSeal powder application on a skin tear
- Controls Bleeding and Oozing
- Does not rely on the body’s clotting cascade to work
- Seal forms instantly and strengthens with pressure and time
- Increases patient comfort and satisfaction
- Non-allergenic, not biologically derived
- Fewer dressing changes and occurences of rebleeds
Efficient and Cost-effective
- Easy to use
- Less expensive than hemostats such as Surgicel or Gelfoam