Excellent for use during open-heart procedures involving cold cardioplegia, CardioMed’s Heart cooling jacket offers some key advantages:
- The jacket’s unique polyurethane material remains soft and pliable even at 4°C.
- Provides a more consistent temperature for a longer duration without excessive volumes of cardioplegia.
- Has a close fit/wrap that can be easily customized as needed.
- More flexible than cooling jackets equipped with metal flashing.
- A unique tubing configuration provides better visibility in the operational field and helps to prevent unnecessary clutter.
- Completely transparent design offers improved visibility in normally obstructed areas.
- Easily secured in place using suture eyelets that are molded into the jacket.
Our Heart cooling jacket also:
- Reduces the number of doses of cardioplegia required during longer cases reducing the need for hemodilution and the risk of heparin-induced hyperkalemia.
- Provides improved myocardial protection for more time-consuming cases such as a combined aortic valve and ascending and/or transverse aortic arch procedure.
A cardiovascular cooling jacket can substantially accelerate cooling time during surgery. It will also significantly increase the amount of cooling which takes place.
Every CardioMed Heart Cooling Jacket kit includes:
- 1 – Cardiac cooling jacket in sterile table pack
- 1 – Cooling coil
- 1 – Cooling container
- 1 – 1/4” silicone pumping segment for placement in peristaltic roller-head pump